2024 Registration Insurance
TRi KiDS and Anthem Events are proud to offer registration protection through Protecht’s service, RegShield. Athletes can elect to purchase RegShield at the point of registration, for any of the races in the 2024 TRi KiDS Series.
The TRi KiDS Series has a very strict refund policy, and we are unable to offer refunds or deferrals outside of those specific parameters, even in exceptional circumstances. The best way to protect your race entry from any unexpected circumstances is to purchase insurance.
Registration protection insures race entry fees and ancillary purchases, and must be purchased during the event registration process. Athletes will receive confirmation emails separately from the TRi KiDS and RegShield. The email from RegShield will confirm the registration protection purchase and include the policy number needed in the event of filing a claim.
POLICY COVERAGE INCLUDES:
- Loss of job for policy holder or their spouse;
- Severe weather which prevents policy holder from attending race;
- A positive COVID-19 Test resulting in the athlete being unable to attend the event due to a requirement to self-isolate; must provide evidence of a positive COVID-19 test;
- Serious injury or unforeseen illness occurring to the policy holder or policy holder’s family member;
- Policy holder on active military duty;
- Policy holder being involved in a traffic accident;
- Mechanical breakdown of policy holder’s vehicle within 48 hours of event;
- Fire, burglary, vandalism, or natural disaster causing policy holder’s home to be uninhabitable;
- Additional perils which are detailed in full on the RegShield website.
POLICY COVERAGE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- If Anthem Events and event organizers cancel the race due to factors outside of their control (you will be offered additional options as per our refund policy);
- If Anthem Events and event organizers disqualify an athlete based on our COVID-19 mitigation protocols;
- If the athlete does not attend the event because they are concerned about the coronavirus (COVID-19), or COVID-19other communicable diseases lead to quarantines or travel restrictions imposed by a government.
- Please see the complete COVID-19 exclusion FAQ page at this website: RegShield COVID-19 Info.
- The exclusions are dependent on your state or country of residence. Please refer to RegShield, for additional terms & conditions based on residence: Policy Coverage Exclusions
CAN REGISTRATION PROTECTION BE CANCELED AFTER PURCHASING?
- Athletes have 14 days to cancel their registration protection purchase and receive a refund.
- The cancellation window would begin once the athlete receives their race acceptance & RegShield confirmation emails.
The above information is provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; it does not constitute a legal agreement or insurance policy. “Registration Insurance” is a separate legal agreement between the registrant and RegShield, a licenced insurance broker. Please refer to RegShield website for most recent details regarding registration insurance. If you have any questions regarding this program, contact them here.