Niagara (Port Colborne)
Date: August 21, 2022
Time: Start at 8:30 AM
Location: Vale Health and Wellness Centre, Port Colborne, ON. View map
Pre Race Communication and Information
On the Monday prior to TRi KiDS Niagara the “Race Weekend Guide” will be sent to all registered participants. The Guide covers final details for race weekend and includes parking suggestions, set-up times, course information, race kit pickup instructions….and much more. The Guide is sent to the email address provided at registration and it will also be posted on our home page under the News section. Please review the Guide carefully and thoroughly as it contains important information on NEW race protocols and processes.
Race Kit Pickup
Date: August 20, 2022
Location: Vale Health & Wellness Centre
Time: To Be Announced
We encourage all athletes to pick up their race kits on Saturday and attend an orientation session.
Orientation sessions are offered during race kit pick up. The orientation session is approximately 30 minutes in length and include a course overview. New info on COVID race protocols will be covered.
Time: To Be Announced
Race day kit pickup will open at TBA. The first wave will start at 8:30am with the 3 to 5 age group. Arrival times for all age groups will be posted in the Guide.
The event will run rain or shine. See the FAQ page for details.
Click on the RACEPOINT icon for the TRi KiDS Niagara interactive map. Hover over the icons for more more information.
|Age Group||Bib Colour||SWiM||Bike||Run|
|3 to 5||yellow||15m||500 m||100 m|
|6 - 7||red||25m||1.5 km||500 m|
|8 - 9||blue||75m||3 km||1 km|
|10 - 11||orange||100m||4.5 km||1.5 km|
|12 - 13||green||200m||7.5 km||2 km|
|14 - 15||black||300m||7.5 km||2 km|
Above is the distance chart for TRi KiDS Niagara. Please note that distances may change if necessary and age group distances will vary at each race venue
The swim takes place in the 6 lane, 25 meter indoor YMCA pool at Vale Health & Wellness Centre. Lifeguards will be on deck at all times.
- There will be a maximum of 12 athletes per wave. Two athletes per lane.
- The swim will start in the water (no diving or jumping).
- One parent/guardian (16 years +) must accompany athletes in the 3-5 age group in the water (swim takes place in shallow end only for this age group) and on foot for the bike and run.
- Athletes 3-5 years may use water wings, puddle jumpers or a life jacket.
- Life jackets are offered and supplied for all age groups.
- Life jackets are offered so that athletes feel 100% comfortable swimming in the race environment. The life jacket is not intended as an aid for non-swimmers. It is not a requirement for athletes to continuously swim their designated distance. Resting by using the lane ropes or side walls is permitted and encouraged.
- Contact us with special requests for the swim portion.
The bike course is a 1.5 km loop on Elizabeth St.- closed to traffic. All age groups will do multiple loops to complete their distance.
The run course takes athletes around the perimeter of the of the main soccer pitch adjacent the pool building. The run is a 500 meter ‘track’ entirely on grass. Athletes will complete the required number of laps to achieve their distance. There will be one water station set up for all age groups. The older age groups will pass the water station several times.
In order to avoid disappointment on race day we recommend that you take your bike in for a pre-race safety inspection the week before the race. Technical problems can easily be avoided. Check helmets for proper fit.
Vale Health and Wellness Centre
Port Colborne, ON